Monday, May 3, 2010

i have confidence in sunshine

so yesterday in class i was wondering why it is that i can dance so beautifully and technically there, yet in auditions no matter how well i prepare, i fall flat.  i think this may be the first time i've ever realized the extent of what confidence does for you.  it can take a seemingly lack luster dancer and make her sparkle.  and you can always tell the dancers who believe in themselves in comparison to the ones who don't.  so i guess thats really the key we all need to remember: to believe that we are amazing and to have confidence in ourselves!

1 comment:

  1. This is so so true. Life and dance, I think!

    I am still working this out, and have moments of confidence where I shine, and moments of utter despair where I really do not.

    I hope you find your confidence and self-belief and that you make the most of your audition.

    I really do wonder what the secret is to self belief?

    ReplyDelete